Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Synopsis

I have to wonder if writing the synopsis is one way to help writers (especially beginning or novice ones) figure out where to trim the fat. It's going surprisingly well. Like lifting my eyebrow and looking at it askance well. It also makes me wonder, for my book specifically, if I should just go on and combine the second book with this one since there are some loose ends that need tying. As a reader, it'd make me wonder why certain characters and scenes were in the book if they don't get properly explained. At the same time, I wonder if it's my old nemesis, Fear, trying to keep me from moving forward with the book.

I'll put it this way. If the book gets rejected because of the loose ends, then I'll just go on and combine books. If it gets rejected for other things, I'll make the changes needed and keep sending it out. There's no sense in being scared of rejection. I'm sure they'll always sting, but the best writers still get rejections...unless they're a brand name. You know, authors who could sign a napkin in a diner and sell a million copies.

At any rate, I'll work more on the synopsis now.

No comments:

Post a Comment